How competitive is the pet food industry?
Pets are common small animals in our daily lives. With the increasing development of society, pets have entered ordinary people’s households, and keeping pets has become an indispensable mode of family entertainment. As the market’s demand for pets continues to increase, the pet industry has emerged. And many people have begun to be interested in the pet industry.
Among the four significant pet products, including food, supplies, medicine, and services, pet food has a relatively high market share. The business mainly focuses on canned pet snacks and domestic/imported staple foods.
So How competitive is the pet food industry?
In 2018, the global pet food market was worth 83.02 billion U.S. dollars. And is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% from 2019 to 2025. Increasing demand for dog food and increasing premium attractiveness is expected to drive the pet food market in the pet food sector during the forecast period. The current pet food industry is highly competitive, and the overall profit margin is low.
Because of this, the continuous increase of pet food has made owners more and more cautious in their choice of pet food, so how to choose pet food?
- The quality of pet food
- When we buy dog food in a physical store, we should pay attention to the production date and shelf life of the pet food. This is a highly critical step. Carefully check whether the packaging bag of the pet product is sealed and whether the food inside is mildewed. Damaged pet food may have a decline in nutritional quality but even more terrifying because pet food will produce mycotoxins during the deterioration process, which may have a fatal impact on pets.
- Nutrition and palatability should be at the same time.
- Our fundamental purpose in choosing food for pets is to supplement them with nutrients to ensure that they can meet their physical growth and development needs. For this reason, the food we choose for pets must be sufficiently nutritious, easy to digest, and so on.
Specifically, when choosing a pet staple food, you should ensure that the primary nutrients are sufficient, such as sugar, protein (the animal protein in beef and fish is the best), oil, and so on. When choosing pet nutrition, one should focus on the nutrients lacking in the animal’s body. Pets often lack trace elements, such as calcium and phosphorus, in daily life. It should also be added that when choosing pet food, you must pay attention to the palatability of the food. The deliciousness is poor, and the pet cute is rejected.
If you want to sell pet food for profit, choosing raw materials and Pet Food Production Line must be the most important. So how does a high-quality Pet Food Production Line make a profit for your food production? What are its characteristics?
Process flow: powder mixer → screw conveyor → twin screw extruder → elevator → oven → seasoning machine → packaging
- Pet food equipment endows pet food with novel shapes, tastes, and colors. And with a reasonable nutritional ratio and easy digestibility to adapt to the ever-developing pet food market.
- The technical advantages of our company’s efforts in extruder over the years are fully reflected in the pet food production line. Simple operation and easy-to-learn parameter control ensure that the product is completed in a specific temperature, pressure, humidity, and time.
- Reasonable structure design, unique material, fast self-cleaning performance ensure the machine’s stability and easy maintenance. The various shapes and tastes adapt to the requirements of different pet foods.